3D Animations Announced!
Nintendo is working together with three of Japan's renowned anime studios to produce short 3D animations set in the world of Kid Icarus. These videos contain unique story lines and are not representative of the content found within the Kid Icarus: Uprising game. They will be available via Nintendo Video on Nintendo 3DS—please check back soon for a schedule.
Production I.G is producing a movie featuring the angel Pit and his battle against one of Medusa's minions - all in glorious 3D!
Production I.G is an animation studio which was established in 1987. Ensuring consistency and quality throughout the production process, from concept to completion, the studio is currently developing a worldwide presence.
Production I.G's Notable Works:
- 1995, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
- 2004, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
- 2011, 劇場版 戦国BASARA -The Last Party-
(Sengoku Basara: The Last Party) (Movie version)
- 2012, ももへの手紙 (Momo e no Tegami)
Director Junichi Fujisaku's Notable Works:
- 2002, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Novel)
- 2005, Blood+ (Director / Serie)
- 2010, Loups=Garous (Director)
- 2011, Blood -C (Script revision / Novel)
This studio is producing a movie which features Medusa, Goddess of the Underworld, as its main character. It tells the tale of Medusa and Palutena's rivalry, which stretches from far into Pit's past right up to the present day.
Established in 1999, Studio 4°C consists of a group of highly creative people who are always looking to take on challenging projects and are known for producing high quality, cutting-edge work.
Studio 4°C's Notable Works:
- 2004, Mind Game
- 2006, 鉄コン筋クリート (Tekkonkinkreet)
- 2012, ベルセルク 黄金時代篇Ｉ 覇王 の卵 (Berserk Ougon Jidai
Collection 1 : Ha-oh no Tamago)
Director Kazuto Nakazawa's Notable Works:
- 2003, Kill Bill (Animated sequences)
- 2008, Genius Party Beyond "Moondrive"
- 2008, Asian Kung Fu Generation Promotional Video:
Shaft is producing a movie that centers around the goddess Palutena and her attempts to deal with a great catastrophe in her Skyworld home.
Shaft Inc. was established in 1975 and is known for original story development and skillful production, which has captivated an ever-loyal and supportive fan base.
Shaft Inc.'s Notable Works:
- 2007, ひだまりスケッチ (Hidamari Sketch)
- 2007, さよなら絶望先生 (Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei)
- 2009, 化物語 (Bakemonogatari)
Director Akiyuki Shinbo's Notable Works:
- 2010, And Yet the Town Moves
- 2011, 電波女と青春男 (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
- 2011, 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)